Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO & Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjay653

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
GB
Hi,

We've set up a new site, SiteB, and we plan to maintain their anti-virus from this site, SIteA.

I've been advised that it's best to set up a Super Agent Repository, and have done so. The problem I have at present is that I can see all the rogue machines in SiteB, but can't deploy the ePO agent to any of the machines.

Have I missed something out? Is an SA_Repository the way to go, as from reading previous posts a lot of users seem to prefer other methods?

ePO version is 3.5

TIA
MJ

why can't you deploy the agents? if you right click one of the nodes and click send agent install, leave it a minute and then check Server Events, does it say it couldn't push out the agent?
If so, either the account you're running the ePO server under hasn't got permissions to install anything on thr node or the firewall between site A and B haven't been opened to allow communication on the ports specified on the Settings Page at the top of the tree.
For an agent to install successfully, you need to be able to run from the ePO server to \\nodename\admin$

Cheers

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back