Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO agent policy resetting to default

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisspg

Technical User
May 30, 2003
US
I installed an agent (2.5.1.234) on a NT 4.0 server with NetShield 4.5. The default policy has the enforcement interval at 5 minutes and the policy for the group is set at 720 minutes. The policy is set to inherit the group policy. When I do a wake up the agent.ini goes to 720 but a few minutes later the FullProps.ini deletes and the agent.ini is reset to 5 minutes.

The ePO server (2.5.1) is sending the agent software package every 5 minutes. I have uninstalled the agent (by logging on, and using c:\EPOAGENT\AGINST32 /REMOVE) and reinstalled it by 2 different ways. One was sending from the ePO server and the other was to log onto the NT 4.0 Server and installed it from there. Any ideas as to why the enforced policy will not stick to this one
server?

Same Problem I am facing, Any idea ??? AV Chap pl. help us on this urgently.

Did you uncheck the Inherit box for that machine in the policy? If so, put it back. That's where the problem is.

Also, do a CMDAGENT.EXE /C command on the agent. This will force it to check for a new policy.

BTW, can you cut-n-paste the log in the agent? Just the pertinent information to see what's happening.

HTH,

AVChap
... WARNING: The Surgeon General says to take my advise at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back