Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO 4.5 flooding SQL DB after disabling ALL events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gullwing09

Technical User
Oct 29, 2010
US
Good morning to all. this is my first post, so I hope I dont go overboard. I stood up a new McAfee epo 4.5 server last thursday after testing it in a virtual environment for several months with no issues. I exported the system tree along with the system names from our production ePO 4.0 server to the newly built ePO 4.5 server. I then create a query to search for all unmanged system and built an automation task to install agents on all unmanaged systems. I set the task off and it was installing the agent on a few machines at a time and nothing more. The task was stopping in less than a minute. So I went on and had a network guru incorporate the agent install into the logon script. I got great results and thought we were on the way to great success. When I got back to work Monday, the ePO DB was almost 43 GB. The server was being flooded with 1095 events. Naturally, I turned off the event, but they kept coming. At that point, I had to kill all ePO services because it started to bog down other enterprise apps (HEAT, BES) that have DBs on the same SQL server. I had the DBA restore the ePO DB from an earlier version after I changed the ports in ePO so the endpoints could not talk to ePO. I then went back in and made sure that the 1095 event was turned off and restored the ports so the endpoints could talk again. I understand that the endpoints were caching data while the services and ports were unreachable, however even after turning off 1095 and performing an agent wakeup, the events continue to flood in after almost 48 hours. I have exercised every avenue possible including McAfee Gold Support with no end in site. Does this sound like a case of cached data on endpoints that cannot get written fast enough, or something more serious? Someone please save me. Thanks in advance, sorry for the diatribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back