Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO 3 repository refusing to pull or to replicate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanhoven

MIS
Jan 8, 2002
BE
Just for you guy's to know:

I was unable to start replication or a pull task (access denied).
I was also unable to manage packages, move them from evaluation to current etc.

After a server reboot the problem vanished.

Do you mean Auto Update Architect? I've had this happen several times in the pull task. It corrected itself when I rebooted the ePO server.

There are apparently a bunch of problems with AUA version 1.0 that are supposed to be fixed soon with AUA version 1.1.

Also be aware that replicating to distributed repositories doesn't work correctly in the incremental mode (this only effects V7E).

Same problem here; 'access denied' when downloading the new DAT files. It also didn't download the files automatically.

Restarting the Epo Server service was already sufficient for me.

Thanks Spanhoven.

I found another way without restarting the server.
When ePO refuses to Pull now, try to edit this file:
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\ePO\3\DB\SiteMgr.ini.
If status <> 0, the change it back to 0.
This works all the time.

This usually happens when a task is already running or is stuck. Restarting the service does temporarily fix the problem. I had the same issues when my Repository Pull and Repository Replication tasks are not spaced far enough apart.

Addus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back