Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO 3.5 to 3.6.1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckG

MIS
Feb 28, 2001
US
Tried doing an upgrade on a W2K server running 3.5 and towards the end of the upgrade it came back with,

Starting the Tomcat Server Services please wait.

Windows error code 1: incorrect function
Error API: TomcatStartService
Troubleshooting Code: 228

I can go into Services and all 3 of the 3.6.1 services are running (with an domain Admin account).

Any suggestions?

ChuckG

Hi ChuckG,

I tried to do the same as you in a test environment. 350 to 360. It completly screwed up the installation. So when it came to the production environemnt I told mgt that the upgrade process is flawed can I have a new server please. They said yes!

I then moved every one over to the new ePO server using FRAMEPKG and the sitelist.xml from the new server.

I'm now supposed to upgrade 360 to 361. I keep putting it off. Can I have a new server please!

Sorry to be of absolutley no help but thats my story.

That's ok Mizzy. After a week of being on the phone with McAfee we finally got it up (I still firmly believe that it's a flaw in their install app during an upgrade).

I didn't think about going to the boss and asking for a new server, I'll have to do that next time I have to upgrade lol.

Good plan :)

So is it safer to do new install of Epo 3.6 rather than to upgrade?
We have Vista pc's on our domain but VS 8.0 on Epo 3.5 does not work with Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back