Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO 3.5 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfp23

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
US
Anyone know if they are still planning on releasing version 3.5 today?

Doubt it. I had an email from our supplier which quoted 25th August for both ePO 3.5 and VirusScan 8.0i.

So much for 25th August - neither are there for download.
:-(

Its only 5am at their corporate headquarters we can at least give them the benefit of the day staff getting to work before we say they missed releasing today.

Oops!

Sorry, I was having a "think local" moment. I shall be more patient. And world-aware.

Don't expect them to be to excited about getting it out there even when they come to work. They never have before!

I'm fine with ePO 3.0.2a for the moment but I really want to see 8.0i, 90% of my virus detections right now are spyware related. I can identify the unwanted programs but can't block or delete them.

Mcafee have just told me later today for ePO 3.5 and 29th August for VSE 8.0i.

figures they'd only make it out with one of them today.

Wonder what the problem is with 8.0i? They've been claiming it was coming out since July and keep backing up. Of course I'd rather have a working product than something full of bugs.

Bugs have never stopped them on making ePO releases!

I'll wait until people convert over to 3.5 and have glowing reports of it before I switch.

Checking feedback.nai.com/read/, it appears someone from McAfee is reporting that 8.0i is being uploaded to their servers and should be available around 7 or 8 PM PST.

I think there was another message indicating ePO was being uploaded as well and should be available tonight.

Can't wait till I get my hands on them and throw it on my test environment to see how well it works.

Test environment? You got a test environment?!? I always wanted one of those! <sigh>

*%&*%! budget!!

[sub]"The Crystal Wind is the storm, and the storm is data, and the data is life. You have been slaves, denied the storm, denied the freedom of your data. That is now ended; the whirlwind is upon you . . . . . . Whether you like it or not."[/sub]

[sup]"Trent the Uncatchable" in The Long Run by Daniel Keys Moran[/sup]

Test environment = home network...

My test environment is only a bunch of low end PCs (less than 10) that are considered unfit/obsolete for production use. It doesn't represent our true environment, but at least allows me to install ePO on a "server" and then attempt an upgrade on it and manage a few PCs. Anything I learn from my test environment (success/pitfalls) are then used to help me with my production upgrade.

When I went from ePO 2.5.1 to 3.0.2a, I pretty much had all the bugs worked out so that I knew what I was going to get myself into. Same goes for 3.0.2a to 3.5, when it comes out.

VirusScan 8.0i is out and looks good, now just waiting on ePO 3.5 to make it out.

ePo 3.5 was posted last night. They are still replicating to the download servers. Should be able to get it today.

How can I download ePO 3.5. Can someone point me to a URL ??

Thanks
JD

qtin,

Are you certain? It generally doesn't take more than 3-4 hours to replicate to all their servers, and I still don't show 3.5.

[sub]"The Crystal Wind is the storm, and the storm is data, and the data is life. You have been slaves, denied the storm, denied the freedom of your data. That is now ended; the whirlwind is upon you . . . . . . Whether you like it or not."[/sub]

BTW, I got a test box!!! [sunshine]

It's out. I just started the download.

Okay, I thought I started the download. Am getting the following error.

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable or no longer exists. Please try one of the following links.

Please contact our Web Support group to report the problem.

<sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back