Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO 3.5 ports and VS 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

maya14

Technical User
May 8, 2007
ZA
I have setup Epo 3.5 on Win 2003 R2 in a SBS 2003 network.
Defaults ports 80 or 81 are required for agent to server communication if you have a look at the default port list during setup.
Its the first 2 ports in the list.
What other alternative safe ports should be available to use.
How do i know which other ports are not in use in our network. I know we are using 80-85 for cctv purposes.

Also VS 8.0 only detects virusses during an on-demand scan and not while users are downloading or accessing files etc.
Svchost.exe processes are running at 100% cpu usage on some pc's and virusses are not being detected the way it should be.

Hello,

What other alternative safe ports should be available to use -> Anything that won't interfere with other systems. In your case, 86-87 are valid options.

Also VS 8.0 only detects virusses during an on-demand scan and not while users are downloading or accessing files-> Is you on-access scan enabled in the EPO Policies ? Is the shield in the taskbar having the right shape ?(no red cross over it ?)

Svchost.exe processes are running at 100% cpu usage on some pc's -> I believe they are patches available for this (latest patch is PAtch 15 for VSE8).

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back