Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePo 3.5 on Win2003 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew1701d

Technical User
May 15, 2002
US
We're getting ready to deploy ePolicy 3.5 but have heard that McAfee is still testing the compatability of 3.5 on Windows 2003 SP1, has anyone already made this upgrade and encountered any problems? If so could you share your work-arounds?

Also anyone get any news on when Patch 11 for Virus Scan Enterprise 8.0i will be made available?

ho, no news on Patch 11 yet, but I know they're still not gonna fix the issue withthe memory leak if Script Scan is enabled :eek:(
I've rolled out vse8.0i and epo3.5 axcross a 2k3 domain with no issues and it's been running for around 3 months or so.

is your domain 2003 with Service Pack 1 though?

ok thanks for confirming that, also did some digging around on Network Associates Website and found the following memo dated 7/21/2005

This statement is a follow-up to the Product Management Statement ePO/CMA Compatibility with Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP1 issued on May 4, 2005. The purpose of this statement is to confirm that McAfee is supporting McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) and McAfee Common Management Agent (CMA - also known as the ePO Agent) running on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1.

McAfee Engineering has completed testing the supported versions of ePO and CMA, which are 3.0.2 and 3.5 and 3.1.2 and 3.5 respectively, on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1 and we are pleased to announce that no major incompatibilities have been found. McAfee is supporting ePO 3.0.2 and 3.5 and CMA 3.1.2 and 3.5 on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1.

McAfee plans to fully support ePO 3.6 and CMA 3.5.5, which is currently under development and expected to release by end of 2005, on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1.

I can confirm ePO Server 3.5 works fine with W2K3 SP1 on my system as I recently reinstalled my ePO on a new box running W2K3 SP1. This was after I saw the McAfee web site mentioned above.

Do not worry it works fine. Continue with installation. I work on Epo 3.5 on windows 2003 sp1 for over 7 months.

I am having problems installing the epo agent on a wk2k pro box using epo Server 3.5 on W2K3 sp1. Every time I try pushing the agent it fails.

can you ping the box from the epo server? if not, try removing the box from thedomain and re-adding it.

ho hum.
ok, has the agent been on there before?
Are there any local security settings / policies?
Has the agent install (framepkg.exe) been customised at all?
There's no firewall in the way?

Try the following to check if the epo box has the relevant permissions:

Select Start | Run
Type in \\<MACHINE_NAME>, where <MACHINE_NAME> is a system you are having issues with.

Select Start | Programs | Accessories | Command Prompt
At the command prompt, type NET USE \\<MACHINE_NAME>\, where <MACHINE_NAME> is the system you are having issues with.

If you are asked for a username and password, the account you are using (and therefore ePO is using) does not have the correct permissions or rights.
If you see the message "This machine has not been configured for remote administration", there is a problem with the admin share on the target system. Check to insure the share exists.

Let me know how you get on

Alright,

the agent was working befor I applied sp1 w2k3
I have no secuity policy in place
the framepkg.exe has not been customised at all
and there is no firewall in the way ( this is a test enviroment)

tried the start run \\machine_name. no problems
I did the net use \\ machine_name . no problems

my problems seem to have started after I applied sp1 for w2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back