Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO 3.0 Upgrade from 2.51

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelapt

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2001
GB
I am having problems running the EPO 3.0 Setup on a WINNT4 SP6a server (not a PDC)

Step 1 - Initialise installation works fine and it connects to our SQL 7 server using the SA account and password.
Step 2 - Install files seems to work okay, but at the end of the install routine the following error appears:

Windows Error Code c0000187
Error API LSAAddAccountRights
Troubleshooting code 106
Resolve any errors and run setup again.

Have emailed NAI but as usual no reply. Also searched through their knowledge base but no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Nigel

I've been getting a similar error with no luck from anyone or McAfee.

I had the same problem on an NT4.0/SP6a server. After doing a bit of research, I found out that this error refers to the attempt (and failure) to assign the right "act as part of the operating system" to the local Administrators group. After adding that right manually in User Manager for Domains and restarting Setup, the file copying process went OK. BTW, it does not seem to be enough to give that specific right to the *user* Administrator.

BR
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back