Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO 3.0 is now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIreton

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2002
US
McAfee has released the final 3.0 version of ePolicy Orchestrator. Go to and enter your grant number to download the whole thing. I just got it today and will install on Monday (my mantra: never *ever* install a new product on a Friday afternoon). Note that the admin manual is a nearly 8M PFD file and is over 500 pages long.

Lucky me. I've just finished installing and it's working great with my pilot group. Will give it a couple of days before I switch everyone to 3.0. Will let everyone know if something breaks over the weekend :)

AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Well? How did it go with Epo 3?

I am hesitant to upgrade as my Epo 2.5 config with AutoUpdate Architect 1.0 is working like a charm. Why try to fix something that's not broken?

Just browsing the epo 3 install guide, there are quite a few things listed on the "before you begin" page, that must be done prior to upgrading. Is it worth the hassle?

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

And I gather VirusScan 4.5.0 is removed from ePO 2.5.1??

Still working A-Okay. No problems so far, looks pretty good.

BTW, you don't have to worry about McAfee AutoUpdate Architect, it's integrated into ePO 3.0 so you don't have to re-learn everything.

Also, yes it's worth the hassle. :)

HTH,

AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back