Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO 3.0.1 Server using 100% CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinx79

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
GB
Hi

We have recently started to use the EPO server and it works well apart from one problem. Almost every day the framework service on the EPO server uses 100% CPU. Also the replication tasks hang and it stopped pushing updates out to clients.

I have found an article on the Mcafee website that tells me how to fix this problem when it happens:

"It may require one or more of these three steps to correct the issue:
Stop the McAfee Framework Service, thus stopping the process, and then restart this service.

Clear out the Temporary Internet File Cache

Go to Start | Run type in CMD
Type in "ipconfig /Flushdns" to flush out the DNS cache
NOTE: The Pull task can be run again, by highlighting the Master Repository and deleting both the current DAT entry and the current Engine entry."

This workes but what I really want is to find a way to stop this happening in the first place. It's getting a bit much to have to do this everyday.

Thanks

Jinx

this is a problem with your dns cache looks like. hmmm

FatesWebb

if you do what I suggested it is not my fault...

We had this exact problem a few weeks ago, and were able to solve it on an NT4.0 Server.

I am not terribly familiar with this program and am typing from memory but here goes.

Start EPO, log into the server. Ther is a tab regarding scheduled repository updates. Change the location to pull updates from FTP to HTTP.

According to the NAI tech, they had a stack of trouble tickets on this problem and this was the typical fix.

In our case the program taking most of the server resources as noted in Task Manager was NAIrepl32.exe, which according to NAI was a scheduled repository update gone wrong since it continued for 24+ hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back