Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO 3.0.1 Problems - Tasks not updating on Clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfedders

MIS
Jun 23, 2002
US
I recently setup ePO 3.0.1 in my little test lab so that I can test upgrading it to 3.5 before I do it on my production network. I'm having problems getting 3.0.1 to work properly to begin with, though.

The clients do not seem to get the changes in the Tasks. I have VirusScan 4.5.1 loaded on the test client, and it doesn't change the AutoUpdate task on the client that I pointed to a local server to get its updates from.

The client has the agent installed, and I can view all the info that the client sends over to the epo server, but the tasks don't seem to work.

What am I missing, or what am I doing wrong? Is there anyway to check what is going on?

Confirm that you have VS4.5.1 in your repository. If it is not then it will not be able to set policies for that app. VS4.5.1 is out of support I believe and if you need it you will have to talk to McAfee to get the package as it probably has been pulled from their downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back