Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

environment tools 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

keizersoz

Programmer
Apr 22, 2004
BE
I noticed I had on my computers twice the environment tools so I removed everything. Some development tools (JDK)apparently include running tools etc. I had on my computer Jcreator, ecilpse and still have jvisual studio.net 2000 installed.

What should I install in order to avoid overlappings?

regards,

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

You normally have some duplicates in $JAVA_HOME/bin and $JAVA_HOME/jre/bin.

$JAVA_HOME/bin contains mainly programs for development, while the jre/bin contains normal runtime-files, and you should remove: nothing.

I don't know jVisualStudio.net 2000, but afaik MS stopped their misleaded attempt j++ after a lawsuit, and now use something named j#.
This might be slightly related to java, but isn't java and isn't compatible.

Eclipse and JCreator are tools for java-development.

Eclipse is much more powerful than JCreator, but the last is suitable for small projects, and has lower hardware-requierements.

A syntax-highlightening, fast-starting editor like scintilla-scite is perfect for one-file-java-projects.

seeking a job as java-programmer in Berlin:

Before you do anything, please make sure that you understand a JDK and a JRE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back