Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Envelopes and Text and Curves, a tale of hair pulling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSim

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2000
GB
Hi,<br>I'm trying to get text to bend around a curve and each letter remain at the same height. I've tried premade envelopes, and making my own one but I just can't figure it out. It's probably a basic query and I'm new to freehand so any help would be great.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Daniel Sim

Daniel,
I don't know the answer to your June question, but I am curious as to how your pursuit of acquiring Freehand skills has gone since?
I am perpetually disappointed that so few members participate in this forum: I have many questions about using Freehand, and no one to direct them too!! It's frustrating.
Have you found any other online Freehand resources that would expedite one's learning this program? I have questions about the perspective grid, about the curved path tool, about the spiral and attaching text to path feature, and on and on....
Thanks for any assistance you might be able to lend.
Rick Landry

Hi Daniel and Rick,

I would be happy to help out with your Freehand questions. I use Freehand 9.

I have never used the envelope tool, but I just attached text to an oval and had no problem with the letter height. Can you be more specific as to exactly what you're trying to do?

Thanks!
reeces <><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back