Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Envelope Printing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliann95

Technical User
Oct 11, 2002
US
Hello! I am new to the forum so forgive me if i dont make much sense. My boss is trying to print an envelope from Word 2000. It seems to all be working fine, ques the printer and all but no envelope prints. I am still learning all this IT stuff as we don't have a full time one in the office? Any Help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Please, could you provide a little more detail as to what you do to print the envelope and what happens.

When we are in word we open a new document. Type our address. highlight the address and go to Tools and Envelopes & Labels, the address shows up as it should. We check the Options to make sure we have the right Printer and the envelope feeder and we do. We then hit Print. The printer icon shows up on the task bar and when we open the printer to see what jobs are in que, nothing is there and nothing prints.

What you are describing should work. Have you re-booted? Have you printed anything else since trying to print the envelope?

If you re-boot, when you startup again, the system might come back and ask you if you want to print the jobs in que.

If the printer is HP4, then there are some issues around that.

We've tried re-booting. Luckily I have imbedded in everyone's head not to call me unless they re-boot. Then when I get to their computer I reboot it again myself. Unfortunately it didn't help the problem. The printer i have is a HP Laserjet 4050 Series PCL 6. We are on a network with about 60 others and a total of 5 different printers.

Not much to offer, but try this:

Go to Start, Settings, Printers.

Right-click LaserJet 4050, and then click Properties.

Click Advanced.

In the Driver list, click LaserJet 4050 PostScript, and then click OK.

If that works, you need to change your driver or work with PCL5 instead of 6

Something else to try would be to go to HP's Web site and download the latest printer driver. There might be a bug in the version you have, or it could be corrupted on the PC. A new printer driver should solve both of those possibilities.

-Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back