Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entry is bad 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iriestar

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2002
I have an ext that has been working fine for over 3 months. all of a sudden I cannot disp, ch or rem the ext. it keeps saying entry is bad. When I list st it gives the port number TTI Port with a ? for type. Has anyone seen this before.

I would try to use the Personal Station Access (PSA) Associate Code, ours is *4. Go to the phone, on the keypad do *4(Station Number)#(Security Code)# (E.G. *41234#1234#).
Sometimes phones forget who they are and what they're supposed to be doing. That should give it a little kick in the butt to remember.

Hope this helps,
LittleJohn
>>>------>

Sounds like software corruption. You'll need to call Avaya (i would specifically use the words "software corruption") and let them know what's happenning. Someone from the soft corrupt team will have to remove the station record so you can work with it again.
-CL

iriestar,

I had the same thing happen to my switch recently. The only way I found to fix it was a reset system 1. It wouldn't hurt (other than your wallet) to have Avaya look into the corruption, but a reset system 1 should get everything back so you can make your changes.

Thanks...It was software corruption...Avaya took care of it.

Always grateful

Irie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back