Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entry Gatekeeper 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeleLion

Technical User
Jan 4, 2006
US
How do I recognize my entry gatekeeper, if I have multiple ELU32’s in one LIM under one domain, with load distribution enabled?

Telelion, read this thread :

thread806-1274081

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

So if I have a domain with several gatekeepers (ELU32), and the LAN connection to my IP phone fails, then comes back up again, and I have 5 phones, and TMLOAD is set to 10, if all the phones were to logon with in the 10 seconds time interval, they might all logon into one gatekeeper (ELU32), that’s because the 10 second time interval had not passed to update the load distribution status of each gatekeeper to the entery gatekeepr???!!!

Entry gatekeeper

The gatekeepers which distribute the registration procedures evenly in the ASB 501 04 when the Load distribution procedure is activated are called entry gatekeepers.

An entry gatekeeper is only used when Load distribution is used.

An entry gatekeeper is any ELU32/IPLU board with multicast support in a LIM which has the Load distribution feature active. All ELU32/IPLU boards with multicast support in this LIM are entry gatekeepers, so generally speaking the LIM can be described as an entry gatekeeper also.

To MD or not to MD that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back