Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entries missing in one db that appear in another

Status
Not open for further replies.

abatblack

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2012
GB
Line items from sales orders that get deleted disappear from the sales_order.items database and get placed in a sales_order.cancelled_items database.
If its a missing line in items it will be in cancelled.
The two db's are tied together by the sales_order.header db.
I need a report that can list all line items of a sales order in order, some appearing in the items db and some appearing in the cancelled items db.

SO.Items:
SO number line_no part number
40009 1 p1
40009 3 p2
40009 5 p3

SO.Cancelled:
40009 2 p4
40009 4 p5

I want to end up with a list of the (original before cancellations) sales order - with a note to show which are cancelled lines:
cancelled?
40009 1 p1 n
40009 2 p4 y
40009 3 p2 n
40009 4 p5 y
40009 5 p3 n

Sometimes line item no 1 can be a cancelled item, there can be a number of consecutive lines that get cancelled.

Any suggestions please.

Please identify your CR version and also show what the SQL query looks like when you add the three tables to one report (just so I can see the actual field and database names). Please also identify the type of datasource.

-LB

Many thanks for the reply.

I'm using CR11.
SQL query is:

SELECT "SO_Header"."SO_No", "SO_Items"."SO_Line_No", "SO_Items"."Part_No", "SO_Cancellations"."SO_Line_No", "SO_Cancellations"."Part_No"
FROM ("Javelin"."sales"."SO_Header" "SO_Header" INNER JOIN "Javelin"."sales"."SO_Items" "SO_Items" ON "SO_Header"."SO_No"="SO_Items"."SO_No") LEFT OUTER JOIN "Javelin"."sales"."SO_Cancellations" "SO_Cancellations" ON "SO_Header"."SO_No"="SO_Cancellations"."SO_No"
WHERE "SO_Header"."SO_No"=N'40009'

This query produces a nonsensical report with duplicate entries from SO_Items for every entry in SO_cancellations - but it does show you the links.

Database type is an OLE DB (ADO)
Provider SQLOLEDB

Use a command as your sole datasource, using a query like this:

SELECT 'Original' "Type",
"SO_Header"."SO_No",
"SO_Items"."SO_Line_No",
"SO_Items"."Part_No",
FROM (
"Javelin"."sales"."SO_Header" "SO_Header"
INNER JOIN "Javelin"."sales"."SO_Items" "SO_Items" ON
"SO_Header"."SO_No"="SO_Items"."SO_No"
)
WHERE "SO_Header"."SO_No"=N'40009'

Union All

SELECT 'Cancellations' "Type",
"SO_Cancellations"."SO_No",
"SO_Cancellations"."SO_Line_No",
"SO_Cancellations"."Part_No"
FROM "Javelin"."sales"."SO_Cancellations" "SO_Cancellations"
WHERE "SO_Cancellations"."SO_No"=N'40009'

This will merge the fields in the same ordinal position in the select statement on each side of the union all. You can then use {command.type} to indicate whether a particular record is a cancellation or the original order. You can sort on {Command.SO_Line_No}.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back