Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entourage unable to delete an e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all,

I have a user on my network who has asked me to help him get rid of a deleted e-mail out of Entourage. The e-mail sits in his Deleted folder and when he tries to delete it nothing happens. The e-mail has a line through it that looks like a deleted MAPI e-mail (or was it IMAP?) but I can't find a Purge command anywhere. FWIW he's using POP3 and the mail server is Exchange 2k. Does anyone have any suggestions for deleting this e-mail?

Thanks,

Joe Brouillette

Try to download the Entourage 2004 preview. Should fix the problem.
But why are you using POP3 accounts on an Exchange enviroment?

zeeGerman, I'll have my user download the 2004 preview and see if that does it. As to why he's using POP3, I'm clueless about Mac stuff and that's the way the local Mac tech shop set it up. After installing Entourage a couple of months ago this machine was having problems connecting to the Exchange server. POP3 was what they (the Mac techs) came up with as an answer.

Thanks,

Joe Brouillette

He Joe...

The upcoming Entourage is working really fine (can just talk about the Preview) and it's working perfectly in an Exchange enviroment.
Don't be afraid to run IMAP in stead of POP3 but make sure that the LDAP adresses and your free/busy adresses are correct.
Make evtl. changes in your DNS so you don't need to use IPadresses.

Well, his Entourage is acting up again. He's not sure when it started, but it's slowly getting worse.

Usually when he tries to send an e-mail (about three out of five times) his Entourage shuts down. He can restart Entourage without any problem, and once the software has started up again his e-mail has been sent. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Try holding the option key when you launch Entourage and it will give you all sort of options to rebuild the database.

Hope this helps

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back