Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entitiy Relationship Modell of AssetCenter-Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico876

Programmer
Dec 19, 2004
DE
I'm searching for a Databasemodell (Entity Relationship Modell) of the AssetCenter-Database (out of the box-version).

Anyone knows if exists a kind of?

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nico876,

if you chose to also install the documentation when you installed AssetCenter, check the document named "PhysicalDataModels.pdf" in the [install dir]\doc\pdf directory. Another document that may be useful for you is one called "dbstruct.chm", located in the [install dir]\doc\chm directory.

cheers,

JJ

Thank you jjoensuu!

But, in the document "PhysicalDataModels.pdf" are only parts of the hole Datamodell. I'm searching for a hole one. I'v just seen it for ServiceCenter. And I asked already PRGN for a AC-Datamodell, but they say that such a Datamodell doesn's exists. I can't really believe this, because when I develop a Database (as a DB-develop-manufacturer) I do need a Datamodell of the hole Database.
I tryed even to produce one with the function "Reverse Engineering" of the tool "DBDesigner 4". But it doesn't works. I mean, after the reverse engineering, I see only Systemtables(?).

Furthermore, I would like to ask you how I can find more "Peregrine-experts" in this forum, and if you know any other websites with a Peregrine-forum (AssetCenter preferred)?

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nico876,

it sounds unlikely that Peregrine would not have a full ERD for their own database. After all, all the OOB table fields, links, keys etc are documented in the "database.txt" file, located in the \doc\infos directory. I do not know, though, if there's a tool that can create an ERD from the data in this file.

About finding AC experts, you could try following sources:

1. check Peregrine's support site, support.peregrine.com. They have a forum where you can post questions.
2. join your local chapter of the "Peregrine Users Group". Check out for more info.
3. has info and a discussions forum
4. has Peregrine information
5. yahoo groups hosts a couple of Peregrine related discussions forums. Go to groups.yahoo.com/group/ +
peregrineassetcenter
peregrineservicecenterforum
gsantana
The last one is mainly for OAA questions. None of the yahoo groups are particularly active, though.

cheers,

JJ

the easiest: take dbbase.txt from a subfolder of the AC intallation or generate a new one with AC-dbadmin

Thanks wrueckert,
but I knew the dbase.txt already.
It's not what I'm searching for.

I would like to have a graphical Data Model (ERM).
And to create one with the dbase.txt is very exhausting.

Bye,
Nic

Nico876

Furthermore, I would like to ask you how I can find more "Peregrine-experts" in this forum, and if you know any other websites with a Peregrine-forum (AssetCenter preferred)?

What do you wish to know?

Jason Thomas
AssetCenter Consultant
Jason Thomas Consultancy Limited
:)

I can confirm that the R&D does not have a full graphical diagram. With so many tables, it is very difficult to even print it...! So its use would be limited.

-Joel Armengaud

Hi,
you can get it out of the AC-DB-Admin.
Follow menue: Action-Templates

If no template are indicated you have to load them from the AC-Programm folder. Look in the AC-Manual for details,

Wolfgang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back