Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise Verus Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

computergeek

Programmer
May 23, 2001
CA
Hello,

After going around, around, and around on the Business Objects site and not finding anything remotely close to answering my question I thought I would submit my question here.

We are in the midst of assessing an upgrade from Crystal Reports 8 using RDC (Report Designer Component) coded and called from within our custom Web Applications. Our upgrade is from 8 to XI SP2. (RDC disappears after SP2) One of the issues in upgrading is that the licensing is now locked down to 3 concurrent licenses. (Our IIS 6 has been setup to use the default, thereby all apps are using 1 process) So ALL our web apps on this server would be forced into a 3 concurrent license model... not enough.

So I have been looking at other migration options, such a Crystal Reports Server (max 20 concurrent licenses), and Crystal Reports Enterprise. What is the difference between Crystal Reports Server, and Crystal Report Enterprise? Can either of these options be called from our web applications (mostly ASP)?

Thanks in advance for your expertise..

Computergeek

It would depend on the needs of your business units.

While Crystal Reports Server handled all of my scheduled report needs, it fell far short of users wanting online report queries. I could not handle my 600 plus users on 20 concurrent licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back