Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelAvaya

Technical User
Mar 16, 2006
NL
Hey all,

Planning on upgrading all our 3300's from UR9 to 4.1, and know that I will also need to upgrade Enterprise Manager to the latest version so it can see the 3300's, currently on 5.0.2.5.

I'm also virtualising everything i can find!! But we are running everything in Hyper V, and most of the Mitel kit looks like it is only supported on VM Ware, can anyone confirm if other VM platforms are supported as I'd also like to shove a 3300 in a VM too for testing purposes

Thanks!

Mitel supports VMWare ESXi 4.0. EntMan release 6.1 required for MCD 4.1. It is a good idea to stay up with the releases.

MSL uses CentOS, though not listed as a supported guest OS by Microsoft, I believe Centos is close to the listed:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 (x86 Edition or x64 Edition)

However only VMWare is officially supported so you would be completely on your own.

4.0 is the last supported release for Ent/Ops

4.1 Ent only ops only good for backups

if you use ops for moves and changes its dead in 4.1 also you will have to change sds mode

It is a little bit disappointing that EM+OPS is dead. We have a number of older controllers in the network and no plans to upgrade them to MXe or CX.

This way it looks like that we are stuck with MCD 4.0 even paying for siftware assurance.

Are there any tricks how to use SDS based synch for newer controllers and OPS for older? I'm thinking about some sort of import/export process.

SDS is the replacement for ops in 4.0 and 4.1 no directory synch in pre 4.0 as in ops

FROM MOL

MCD Rls 4.1 only supports the SDS Distribution of telephone directory information and not the OPS Manager distribution model. In most cases, the customer can migrate directly to MCD Rls 4.1, essentially leaving OPS Manager “behind.” However, if a customer uses the OPS Manager component of Mitel Enterprise® Manager to manage telephone directory distribution and wishes to continue using that model for all their systems, then they cannot move to MCD 4.1 and hence this program will not be valid for them.

The SDS distribution model does not support non-MCD nodes – i.e. you cannot have a mixed SX-2000 and MCD network, if the MCD system is running 4.1 or above. If this is the scenario for the customer’s network, Mitel recommends consideration of separate clusters in order that the MCD platforms can be moved to 4.1 using SDS, while remaining SX-2000’s continue to be managed
using OPS Manager during the transition to MCD Rls 4.1.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back