Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise Manager - Not Responding !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanJansson

Programmer
Aug 2, 1999
GB
<br>
Hello and thanks for bothering to read this...<br>
<br>
I start SQL Server 6.5 Enterprise Manager. The server manager lists the available servers, and they all have the little green light. I click on any server, and it expands to show the SQL Mail, SQL Exectutive, DTC, DB Devices, etc. Except for one of my servers. When I click on that server, the Enterprise Manager locks. And I have to kill the process with the NT Manager. <br>
<br>
I can access the server using ISQL/w and it appears to be functioning ok. But there's clearly a lot of hurt building up. <br>
<br>
Can anyone give me any pointers?<br>
<br>
Sean.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Hi Sean,<br>
<br>
Sounds like there is a problem with your master database. This holds, among other things, the data needed to build the UI display for the enterprise manager. <br>
<br>
I would advise that you log on to the particular server using ISQL and run dbcc checkdb(master). The output from this will tell you if you have trouble with your master db. Do you have a recent copy of it? If you do you should restore a copy of it. If you don't you will need to rebuild master database. Look in the online help under 'Restoring the master database'. This gives you a step by step procedure.<br>
<br>
Best of luck,<br>
<br>
C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back