Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterning default NPAs etc on new system 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnaRGP

Technical User
May 19, 2005
CA
Are there any procomm scripts or other tools out there that would allow me to enter in all of the NPAs and NNXs into a new PBX? I checked GHTrouts site and didn't see anything to fit the bill.

Thanks.

you got the star because, you actually wanted to do it right instead of just building all npa as spn

i've posted a script here that enters all the possible npa's between 1201 and 1899.. and you can modify those params.. i don't have a vopy on this box but maybe you can find it with a search.. it's very clean and only about half a page long

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i don't really care for th search engine here but i did find an old copy.. i love this one..

Code:
proc main
    integer iCount
    string sCount

for iCount = 1200 upto 1999
    waitfor "NPA  "
    itoa iCount sCount
    transmit sCount
    call stepto
    endfor
    transmit "End^M"

endproc 

proc stepto
  beep
  set txpace 40
endproc

this one is set up to 1999..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Here is my slightly modified version for a site with only one outbound trunk route:

proc main
integer iCount
string sCount

for iCount = 1200 upto 1999
waitfor "NPA "
itoa iCount sCount
transmit sCount
transmit "^M"
waitfor "RLI "
transmit "15^M^M^M" <---- substitute "15" for whatever is your default outbound route

call stepto
endfor
transmit "End^M"

endproc

proc stepto
beep
set txpace 40
endproc

After running this script, simply go back in and out NPA 1976 and 1900.

Also changed "NPA " for "NXX ", "1200" and "1999" for "200" and "999" respectively and recomplied and used for basic NXX upload. Then go back and remove NXX 911,411,611,311.

Thanks again JP.

Do these scripts put in DENY 976 in all NPA's. Also unless you do calling to the carribian delete all those NPS especially 809 (Dominican Republic) 905 OF PHONE SCAMS COME FROM THERE.

I want to put in the deny, but I'm a n00b at scripting and working on an emergency in Edmonton right now (sitting in Ontariario) so time doesn't yet permit.

If I get it working, I'll post the modified script.

since i am not working this month, if you will go to 90, add one npa with the deny and post that.. i will modify that script to add that deny.. i don't use deny.. 1 area code plus 976 plus 4 is not a dialing option.. so if i dial 1 213 976 plus any four digits i will get a busy,, i do add a deny for 555.. since ac plus 555 plus any 4 is information and that can be billable

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This looks very good but I am new to procom and have no idea how to implement this to use it with LD 90 on the PBX. I am an old school manually inputting each and every area code and nxx. can you assist in how it is utilized?

several ways to run scripts.. from the normal blue screen term mode in procomm.. alt a, the pick new.. alt a is scripts edit.. then paste in the posted script.. do a save as and give it a name.. one of the icons is for complie.. click that (or not) and close the script edit screen..

back in the program mode. logi ld 90.. for the posted script, note the 1st waitfor is waitfor "NPA " so the script will not start until it sees that.. new, cust 0, ac1. npa... start the script.. if your view is setup default you'll have a drop down window with each complied script.. if not you can go back to the script edit, (alt a) pick the script and click complie and run or just run..

script starts, it's waiting for npa so when you hit return the switch sends npa and the script starts.

here's a simple starting point as well.. press alt ]. login go to ld 20 then hit alt ].. you'll be prompted for a file name.. name and save it.. now go edit and compile it. or log out and run it.. the edit mode will look like this.

proc main

tranmit "name^M "
waitfor "Password "
transmit "secret^M "
waitfor "> "
transmit "ld 20^M"

endproc

the alt ] is script start/stop record.. the ^M is a return. we've posted 100's of proven scripts.. some as simple as the logi and others run for pages.. with scripts i have programed a full 61 with 1000 sets, bars names, never needed the copy command.. 2 very long days.. maybe 30+ hours. an opt 11 with 100 sets and a couple of pris is not even a long days work.. scripts enter data at 9.6, without breaks and without errors.. not a bad tool.. i started writing scripts almost 20 years.. 16/18 years back when procomm came out as shareware via a bbs.. i'm old school, but back then as well as now, i'm to lazy to do anything without a shortcut

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,

Thanks a million I just did the NPA's and NXX's for a new install in less than an hour.

scripts save killer time.. back when i did contract installs. they made me lots of $

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back