Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entered Credential Information Is Incorrect?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

plynn

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
US
We are experiencing many of our users receiving the following message when they try to open an application in the Citrix Program Manager.

"The entered credential information is incorrect. Verify that your username and domain are correct,then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case. Make sure that Caps Lock is not accidentally on."

When you click the OK button on this window, it brings up the ICA Program Neighborhood login window. There is always a bunch of garbage in the username textbox and also in the domain textbox. If this information is cleared out and the appropriate information entered, then it passes on through and opens the desired application.

Our current configuration has the "use local username and password for logon" checked in the Tools>ICA settings dialog box and also on the Login Information tab under Settings, the "Use local username and password" box is checked.

This is a very frustrating problem, because it is not consistent. If anyone has any ideas on this, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Can't help you I'm afraid, but I thought I'd let you know that you're not alone with this one! We get the same message from time to time, but, as with your situation, it's not consistent.
We have the "Use local username...." box ticked like you. It tends to happen more often to users after they have changed their network password and next try to use a Citrix app, but not every time.
Sorry that this isn't really much use to you, but I suppose it helps to know that it's not just a problem on your system, I think it's a general Citrix "bug."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back