Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entered an invalid extension??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DueE

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have an issue with one DN not being able to be dialed from the Norstar auto attendant. MICS 5.0 w/NVM 4.0.04C, connected to OPT11 via PRI. Main number is routed through ACD DN in PBX, Norstar receives 4 digits, target lines distributes. DNs in MICS have been modified via "DN change" to add digit "8" as leading digit to existing intercom numbers. All intercom DNs can be successfully reached by dialing from the CCR path 0 menu except one. When it is dialed, I hear, "one moment please", 1 ring then "YOU HAVE ENTERED AN INVALID EXTENSION". The number in question is 8229, which btw does work when dialing internally, station to station, just not through the attendant. I've checked the parameter of the target line and line assignment on 8229. All looks okay. All DNs are 8xxx and all but 8229 work through the AA.
Any suggestions as to what I may be missing?
DueE

DueE,
Don't know what you may have missed but some thoughts...

What about changing the port for 8229?
What about removing 8229 from the dial group and assigning another number to the user?
Disable then re enable the 8229 pt?
Set up and use one of the other AAs.

Last choice.. bad choice... reset the NAM(?) to default then load your back up.???

I have had simiar no-dial issues with NAMs and have changed the DN's port in the KSU with success.

PhM

another thought or two.... is it possable to connect a loop start line and have that answered by the AA in question(to test). This will tell you if the problem is internal to the norstar or external to the pbx/telephone system or voicemail. 2.) connect copper DID trunk card to system, connect test phone to DID trunk port and dial digits to find fault...... I guess I am leaning toward the opt 11 sending something funny down the line when it sees 8229.

Good suggestions from both, taking all into consideration and doing testing today. Currently working w/PBX tech that is monitoring the PRI, like west coaster says, I'm leaning toward the what's coming out of the opt 11 too, but I still have reasonable doubt about something in the N*. Need to cma before I point the finger. Will keep ya posted.
Thanks for the response!
DueE

tried chg DN, chgd ports,disable/reenabled port still invalid...and couldn't see the digits on the monitor. however, we reconfigd the setup so that calls are now answered by Meridian Mail using Centralized Attendant and Voicemail...dial by name and/or station dial number both work fine from the OPT to the Norstar. But yes, there was an issue on the PBX side that caused calls dialed using the DID numbers,to ring thru to the Norstar station and disconnect when answered. After NCRD was changed to 'No' in LD17,(this is contrary to MICS 5.0 documention-IMAGINE THAT!!) calls could be answered and the problem vanished!
DueE

I am looking at doing this with a customer of mine. Previous tests were unsuccessful. If someone who has this application running could let me know the specifics (Opt11c Pkgs, Norstar Pri, MCDN ect..) I would appreciate it.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back