Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enter parameter value window pops up, not sure why

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperD

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
US
I changed a column name in a table and now, when I open a form it open the "Enter Parameter Value" window. I have gone through the form and have updated all the references to the old column name. Is there a way I can find out where in the form the old name is being referenced?

Thanks

I solved the problem.

In Access I went to the form view, and clicked edit select form. Then I went to view properties. The old name was in the order by, or filter field.

ViperD,

You might want to go to Access help and type in Name AutoCorrect and read the help info for this Option. Having this selected will automatically take care of many of the problems associated with changing a control name. The notable exception, if I remember correctly, is that it WILL NOT correct names within VBA code. But it beats a poke in the eye!

I would also add that I've long made it my policy to MAKE A COPY of the db before changing things like names! Actually, being a belt & suspenders man, I make 2 extra copies in 2 separate subdirectories any time I make changes that take more than 15 minutes. This has saved me hundreds of hours over the past ten years.

Hope this helps.

The Missinglinq

"It's got to be the going,
not the getting there that's good!"
-Harry Chapin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back