Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enter Parameter Value (error) and Access Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonMee

MIS
May 7, 2004
CA
Hello all:

I need your help urgently.

I am trying to place the result of my access queries into an access report. I chose a query that will appear most of the time in my report as my record source by right clicking the black button on the left hand corner, data and in the record source, I went to build and picked my query from there.

I placed my query in a text box in my access report. When I tried to view the report, it says "Enter Parameter Value" for the query I picked as my record source. I don't know why I am getting this reponse because the query works fine when I run it by itself. Why do I have to enter a parameter value, I don't know what value to enter for instance?

Please help. Thanks again.

SharonMee

Instead of placing the query in a text box, you need to place the fields you want in text boxes. Then, in the Properties window, pick the appropriate control source. If you already set the recordset, the control source box will drop down to reveal the fields from your query.

Does this help?

Sorry I didn't explain myself properly. I placed the query as my record source. And then picked the field I wanted in my text box. But I am still getting the message "Enter Parameter Value", can you tell what else I am not doing correctly? I opened the query by itself and it's running fine.

Please help.

Thanks.

SharonMee

When the "Enter parameter value" input box pops up, what field does it ask you for?

Make sure that this field is actually included in the query.

-Gary

Hi,
I feel you have made this report by another query and replaced it's Recordsource with another.
Now you have to check Sorting & Grouping of the report

Go to View Menu > Sorting & Grouping
then remove the grouped field that is not in the current query.

HTH

Zameer Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back