Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ENTER PARAMETER NOT WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

laman

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
I have used the following as a control source for a textbox in reports so the user is prompted to enter the Table No. which works for all my reports except for one.

="TABLE" & " " & [ENTER TABLE #]

I get "jet database engine does not recognize
[enter table #] as a valid field or expression.
I don't know what else to try since it works in all of my other reports.

Thanks.

Post an actual extract of the code where it DOES work
( not type it out but copy and paste )

Then post the bit that doesn't and wee see what the ACTUAL differences are. Might be able to give some lines for investigation then

G LS

There are no differences! As I have already explained, this works in all of my reports except one and don't know why. It,s obviously not the code but something else.

What table DOESN'T it work for? What table DOES it work for? Look at the data. If it's not the CODE (and it doesn't appear to be) it has to be the DATA. There's got to be some difference in the data for the one it's not working, to cause Access to choke on the value you're passing the prompt and not understand it...

There are two ways to argue with a woman - neither one works.
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back