Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enter key processing in FlexGrid with button.default =Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mukesh2375

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
IN
I put a flexgrid control on form and a command button with default property set to Yes. I used a floating text box to edit values in the grid. i want the editing to start on pressing Enter in any cell. it does not process key_press event when there is a button control on form with default property set to Yes. how 2 achive this?

Have you tried using the keydown event on the grid and checking for

If KeyCode = 13 Then

Transcend
[gorgeous]

Yes i have tried the keydown but it doesn't process that either

thanx anyway

You'll probably have to set the command default property to false when the flexgrid or the textbox has focus, and then set it back to true on their lostfocus events.
That way the key_press event will fire on the Enter Key if niether one has the focus.

Mark

A molehill man is a pseudo-busy executive who comes to work at 9 AM and finds a molehill on his desk. He has until 5 PM to make this molehill into a mountain. An accomplished molehill man will often have his mountain finished before lunch
- Fred Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back