Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enter key is not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkwong

Programmer
Jul 5, 2002
US
Please help me to troubleshoot why the ENTER key in the Pageframe form is not jumping to the next field. I have the same field setup in the simple form and it will jump to the next field.

Thanks in advance.

fkwong,

Try checking the tab order of the pageframe - it's on the View menu. It might be that the next object after the textbox isn't a field.

Stewart

Stewart

Thanks but I already checked it and I have many fields in this form and non of them is working (only the Tab will move to the next field...). And I am very sure that I did not disable the ENTER key or assign it to something else.

Have you placed any shapes on the form? If so, these need to be "sent to back" for your controls to work (as I've just found out).

Since the Windows standard is to use Enter to "press" the default command button (i.e. Default property is .T.), I'd check to see if you have any so designated.

Also, check to see if this form has KeyPreview set to .T.

Rick

It has nothing to do with the 'shape' I already verified this with other forms that are working properly.

I also, set the 'KeyPreview' to .T. I even create a new form that has PageFrame and the the ENTER key is working properly.

Rick, I don't understand what you mean by "Since the Windows standard is to use Enter to "press" the default command button (i.e. Default property is .T.), I'd check to see if you have any so designated."

Thanks in advance.

A command button has a property "Default". If this value is .T., then pressing the Enter key will trigger the Click Event on that command button.
Notes:
1)If you trap for Enter in the KeyPreview of the form, or have a global ON KEY LABEL for Enter then these may override this action.
2) If multiple buttons have Default = .T., then then next one in the tab order will be triggered.

Rick

Rick,

Thanks for your answers. I already verified all these thing and nothing really stands out so far. This is a tuff one...because other forms in the system are working properly. The only thing different in this particular form is it has a Pageframe (five Pages). Even so, I have created a test form that use Pageframe and the ENTER key is working fine. Man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back