Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enter key behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

caosity

Technical User
Sep 10, 2009
US
Ok, I have 2 questions that I am struggling with. First, due to limitations of the built-in lookup dialog box, I have created my own. The form opens on cntrl+spacebar likes its supposed to, and I can select an entry and click the OK button for it to be inserted into my primary form.

First question: like in the default lookup dialog box, I would like to be able to use the enter key to insert the value, and not have to press the OK button at the bottom of the form. I am a keyboard oriented person and hate to have to leave the keyboard to grab the mouse for this. I know this can be done, it just escapes me.

Second question: like in the default lookup dialog box, I would like to be able to type the first few letters of the entry that I am looking for and have the table jump, scroll, or filter directly to the entries that begin with those letters.

My form is simple, I created a blank form which is a modal dialog box style, on which I place a continuous table with fields that are populated by the values in a different table. (Site, City, State, Code) I want to be able to begin typing the site name that I am looking for and once found hit the enter key to select it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back