Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enter data into the same record using different forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

assiri

Technical User
Aug 17, 2008
GB
hi,

--I have two forms named "Form1" and "Form2" and a Table named "Table1"

--Table1 has the following fields
Table1(field1,Field2,field3,field4)

--When a user enter data into "form1" that data stores in the "field2" and "field3"("field1 is an autonumber field")

-Using a "Next>>" button user goes to "form2" and enter data.I need to enter data into the "field3" of the previous record.(The record user entered data in form1)

Could u please give some code or information regarding this.
ThankX
assiri

You sure you are explaining this correctly? You have two forms based on the same table. A user enters data for field1 and field3 in form1. They then move to form2 and REenters data for field3.
Is this right, or am I confused? The obvious question is why would a user enter data twice to the same field3?
Please restate clearer.

And even if he meant to enter data into Field4, why use two forms to enter data into four fields in one table?

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

hi,

You are correct,

-I have two forms based on the same table.

-A user enters data for "FIELD2" and "FIELD3" in form1

-Then move into form2 and enter data for "FIELD4"

-Though there are two forms user enter data into the same record

-I have used two forms because,in form1 I have two list boxes and in form2 I have a set of checkBoxes.I have not enough room in the form1 to occupy these three items in a user friendly manner.

ThankX
assiri

Look at the Tab Control. In the Help pane, do a search on Tab Control. There you will find an explanation and how to create one. That way all your controls will be accessible on one form instead of two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back