Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ent Mgr 6.0.0.6, Ops Mgr 9.0.0.5 Alarms monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcricket

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2009
US
Running on a virtual (32 bit) machine.
Alarm summary in E-Man main window shows alarm status, alarm monitor does not see the alarm either on this VM, or on a remote machine. ANY Clues?????

Got a call from my VAR today. I asked him to check with product support to se if ANYONE has this working...

Their answer is that they created a test bed environment, like the one I have and it doesnt work there either......

Back to development, and the ticket stays OPEN.....
jg

Virtual machine = virtually anything can go wrong.

As much as I'd like to, it's not worth the support headache.

Buy a $1000 server and be done with it, you'll be ahead in the long run on time spent troubleshooting alone.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I can certainly echo that. Getting talked into virtualizing OPS/Emgr was unquestionably the biggest mistake we ever made. With every problem that pops up the VM always comes into question. Our problem was that we lease our server hardware and the IT idiots were replacing a perfectly good working machine just because it's coming off lease. Virtualizing was supposed to eliminate this....right. Rule #1: If it's working, leave it alone. Ruke #2: When in doubt see rule #1.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back