Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enlarge thumnail with rollover effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinach000

Programmer
Sep 19, 2008
US
Hi I'm new here..

This seems simple, yet my google search is fruitless.

The technique that I am trying to do is basically the same as when your at a website and you rollover a thumbnail and a bigger picture is then viewed.

When the slice is rollovered I want it to display a picture that is bigger than the actual slice.

The problem that I am having now is that only the sliced region is being shown when rolled over.

Thank You,

Spinach

Thanks Keith.

Yeah you are right about that. However, ImageReady 7 performs the task easily. With CS2 the response is different.

At this point I am being stubborn, I will admit it. I could do it in ImageReady 7, but I just want to work with one version of ImageReady. I don't want to switch back and forth, and they both can't run at the same time.

The obvious question is why did Adobe have to make things more complicated?

Not familiar with Image Ready 7 so can't really comment.
Code:
The obvious question is why did Adobe have to make things more complicated?
Get used to it - this is the modern way.
(off topic) My wife bought a mobile phone - it has internet access, camera, email, more ring tones than you can shake a stick at but as a phone it sucks. battery lasts only 24 hrs, you have to press a button to see if you have missed a call and the phone cannot be used in the dark because the buttons do not light up.

Back to your plight - How do you want the page to appear when the rollover is enlarged? Do you want the big picture to overlap the existing page?

Keith

tushe ... I want the picture in the hidden layer to raise above the main layer when the slice is rolled over. The main layer contains the slice (w/ rollover effect).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back