Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ENL TTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

joatsaint

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
US
I am trying to enable tty's 01 and 03. I can dial into the switch using hyperterminal, but I can't type on the screen. I have enabled the tty's in the past by going into LD 37 and doing an enl tty #. Now I am getting an error each time I send the enl command at the console. It takes the command and says OK then gives an error code. Sorry, I left the error code at work, but I think it was IO318.

We had a fiber line cut and we lost all data connections twice over the weekend. When everthing was repaired, we had internal calling and internet access, but we had to disable the pri cards and reenable them to bring back our access to outside calls. Since then I can't log into the switch using dial up and the console tells me that tty 01 and 03 are disabled. Any suggestions?

Try disconnecting whatever is on those two TTY and then ENL TTY 1 and 3

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Do you have any PTY ports configured? If yes, do you have a program to access the switch with Rlogin protocol?

If you do, try accessing the switch that way and see if you can enl them.

Do you know what each of the TTY's were built for?

sounds more like the power problem killed those ports

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back