Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ENL MSGI Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickshi

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2004
CN
Hi, when I trying to solve the problem of caller’s information display on my M2616, which I ask several months ago I enabled MSGI dch#. It looks ok, the system gets the CLID from the dch. But, a new problem shows up: if a new call dials into system, it should be answered by a Meridian Mail, but from now the caller cannot hear anything played by MM with a CLID record on my maintenance terminal. Once I DIS MSGI, we get the greetings from MM. How this comes? Thanks.

your either looking at corruption (bad) or a patch, what rls?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

is this an OPT11C, if so check the NCR's in the system DCH messaging that is heavey can back up the CR's in the print queue hen you would not have a CR for the voice call

do you mean NCR in LD 17 PARM? That's NCR=80 in our system.

the no patch level is a problem, the last 23 i worked on had 20+ and during the repair i found out that i was about 10 short. check with a vendor or the nortel web site and install the recogmended patches. maybe open a new topic to see if some one here has a 23 opt 11 with current patches for at least a list. you can load patches now without the pdt password

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Release 23.35 is EOL (end of life) no patches available for it on the patch library or any support from Nortel unless the system is down and you'll require a PO. Minimum supported release is 23.55.

Patching without going into PDT is for Large System Deplist which you can load in LD143 or any PBX on release 4.0

NCR at 80 could be a serious problem during high traffic, I would suggest bumping that up to..at a minimum of 200.

i agree with the registers, that's a given. didn't know 23 was eol but any vendor has those patches on hand. we tend to support older switches due to the nature of the business. i wish all customers would be forced to at least 3, but that's a sales issue

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

yes in in CFN, II would increase the CR's, verything that prints in the system use CR's bugs.aud's, err's, DCH messeging prints at 9600 baud at best but the DCH is working at 64k so it could eat up 80 CR's in a heartbeat

Not sure what you have programmed in the system I go by the method of counting every thing programmed in the system trunks and sets then multiply it by 3

hi, all, thanks for your suggestions.
I checked with Nortel website and can only find a 23.35 with 6 patches for APAC.

Yes. How can I install the patches separately? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back