Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enhancing Date Control with rectangle and label controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calgary2

Technical User
Apr 25, 2009
CA
Hallo
I have a block of date controls on my form. To assist with data entry, I want to group those date controls within a rectangle and then overlay a label control on top of the upper boundary of the rectangle to display the date format required; i.e. dd-mm-yyyy.

I have seen this done on several occasions. But, there the etched line of the rectangle stops before the label text. When I tried the same, the line of the rectangle cuts right through the label text.

This link shows what I got and what I want:

How can I interrupt the line of the rectangle for the length of the label text?

on the Format menu >> Bring to Front or Set Back

HTH

Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic

[flush]

ohh sorry one other thing set the backgrgound color of the label to the forms background color and set the background to normal

[flush]

Hallo MazeWroX:

I used the Format menu and:
1. set the label to “Bring to Front”
2. set the rectangle to “Send to Back”
It still looks the same, i.e. the rectangle cuts across the label's text.

I am sorry, but I am at a loss about the 2nd part of your recommendations. I openend the Property Sheet for the label and looked for the properties where I could:

(1) set the colour of the label to the form's background
(2) set the background to normal

But, I could not see any property box that seems to do just that. Where would I go to make those adjustments?

in desgin mode bring up the properties for the label
if the label is selected right click it
if its not selected double click it

HTH

[flush]

Hallo MazeWroX:
I set “Back Style” to Normal if that is what I should be doing.
I also tried the Back Colour property/ Custom color and attempted to match the forms colour – it’s hopeless.

As you can see from the link, I am half way there.

Obviously, matching the forms colour is the missing step. Please, give me some more details where and how I can match the label's background to the colour of the Form.

Thanks everyone for helping me.

-2147483633 is the correct colour.

I also found the colour code in the property sheet for the Detail Section. At first, I had searched for it in the property sheet for the entire Form. There is no colour property to be found there.

This is a good example where someone like me who has only limited Access knowledge cannot fill in the missing steps. The original idea that was mentioned to me was: “very simple – draw a rectangle and overlay a label”. As it turned out, there is a bit more to it. But, I think I have learned something about putting the properties of a control to use.

Glad to here it !

Another satisfied Tek Tips customer

[flush]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back