Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enhanced Attribute Editor HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RufussMcGee

Technical User
Jan 7, 2005
US
When I double click my block the EAE (Enhanced Attribute Editor) appears, okay no problem here. When I type DDEDIT then click the same block it use to bring up the old editor (which is what I want), but some how DDEDIT now brings up the EAE. nnnnoooooooooo. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks.

As far as I know, you can't change that; ddedit is for text, mtext, and attribute definitions, EAE is for attributes. Are you sure ddedit used to bring up the "edit text" dialoge box and they were really attributes?

Hello Rufuss,
This is considered by Autodesk to be an improvement. This change came about in version 2005.

Here is a link explaining.

If I understand you correctly, you just want to be able to enter the informtion the old fashioned way? Have you tried attedit or the pulldown menu for Modify->Object->Attribute->Single, Global, Block Atribute Manager.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back