Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

English Forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCenturion

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
US
FYI
English Forecast

Good Luck
--------------
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

It's great that there exists a language like English that is understood in so many places.
It's a living language, therefore easier to learn and practice than some artificial lingo like Esperanto...

But I also sometimes find, that expressions seeming rather simple to me in my native tongue prove hard to be expressed in other languages and vice-versa.

I am glad that I can speak English and French comparably fluently besides German. Makes it a lot easier to find alternative expressions...

[blue]The last voice we will hear before the world explodes will be that of an expert saying:
"This is technically impossible!" - Sir Peter Ustinov[/blue]

>I am glad that I can speak English and French comparably fluently besides German. Makes it a lot easier to find alternative expressions...

Absolutely! Although I like English, I think the world would lose big, if other languages vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back