Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

English dates in Internet Explorer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trimtrom

Programmer
Dec 12, 2003
GB
Hello

I am a beginner ASP programmer and I am writing an application for Internet Explorer in the UK. I have found that some of the computers on our intranet at work display dates in Internet Explorer in English format, and some in American. However, when I look in Control Panel at the regional date settings, they are all set to English date. But IE still shows the date as American.

What is more mystifiying is that the dates in my Access database are correctly in the English format. It is as if Access can interpret the dates correctly when saving and retrieving, but IE and ASP cannot when performing calculations or displaying on the screen. There surely must be a way of telling IE to follow the computer regional settings when it stores dates in memory?

I would really appreciate help with this.

Thanks,
Trimtrom

User Session.LCID

Formatting the Date and Time in ASP
faq333-3194

General FAQ faq333-2924
5 steps to asking a question faq333-3811

User meant Check on Session.LCID

Also Access or any DB will convert to how ever it is specified in the table design for the date format

General FAQ faq333-2924
5 steps to asking a question faq333-3811

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back