Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enforcing Desktop policies to users on an NT4 domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacey123

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
GB
Would anyone be able to help me with this one thing......

I need to know the best way of enforcing a Standard desktop policie to about 100 users on a NT4 Domain so that the user's cannot change there desktop either i'm getting fed up with users that put crappy desktop pictures on as there backdrop and have stupid screen savers this must stop! but i'm rather stuck can anyone help me please??????

Thanks

Richard Peace

Not sure I want to - one of the few pleasures of using a PC is making it look as you like - what harm is there in users having their own desktop backdrops and screensavers - its not like they are trying to hack into confidential information.

Hi,

One of the things we do to attempt to enforce 'standards' is to create an autologin for one, use poledit or tweaki to easily change registry settings on the default user and the user assigned as autologin. This way, whoever logs into the machine will have the identical desktop - thereby reducing the costs necessary to maintain the computers.

Just my .02 worth.

[morning]kzcvtm

If all your workstations are all NT than you just need to setup a policy on your server via System Policy Editor. From here you can define what your users can do.

What problems are u experiencing because of their desktops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back