Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

endless network printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aukhan

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2002
US
I have few printers that are shared over the network. They start printing garbage at a specific time or some time randomely. It never stops unless all te garbage is printed. Any clue whats happening. I am looking into the bugbear printing virus, but any other suggestions are welcome.

Regards
aukhan

From what you have said, this sounds as if it is definitely the bugbear virus, just to make sure, I would try taking the printer off the network, and performing a cold reset ( switch on while holding the JD button ) also try printing a config pagfe to get a JD page and check for collisions and bad packages, I would be almost 100% sure it is bugbear though, check with the network users to see if they have received emails that were not sent by other peoiple My advice is limited to my personal opinion, and the information I have been provided with. Paul Melarkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back