Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

End user to reset own Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil209

Technical User
Sep 25, 2007
US
I was informed that there is a way within Callpilot that the end user can request to have the password reset automatically. I know there are third party applications that can do this today but is this feature now directly embedded into CP? And how does it work if so.

Thanks
Phil

You can log into your mailbox and go thru the menus to change the passcode, but it would be a major security issue if an end user could easily reset someones passcode without knowing the current one.

What 3rd party software can do this?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

At Call Pilot version 5.01, there is a Password Change Service found under Messaging -- Security Administration. I don't recall what release it was introduced in, but it may have been 5.01.

There is some minimal set up required from the administrator but this gives the user the ability to reset their own password via an email link and the correct answering of a secret question.

I have implemented it and it appears to be working well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back