Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

End-user friendly RAN solution needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadz

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2003
JM
Hola a todos,

I have a client that wishes to have the ability to record an announcement that extensions can call and playback.

At first it seemed that the MIRAN3 card was the perfect solution, but it is NOT END-USER (or tech!) FRIENDLY. The client in question wants to be able to change this recording at will, and not require any interaction from either I.T. or the PBX support team.
Is there a way for the MIRAN to record a new file and not increment the filename selected for a specific channel??

The idea is to have between four (4) and eight (8) simultaneous callers playing back the same message from the beginning at the start of each call.

The system in question is a CS1KM with spare MIRAN, XDLC, AMWLC & EXUT ports.

There is also an HMS400 onsite, but the recording's duration may exceed three (3) minutes at times, so using a greeting on a mailbox won't work.

I'm pretty sure that the remedy involves an external device, but I have no clue what's available or being used.

Any ideas?

Take a look at the Interalia XMU. Should do what you want, including the ability to dial in to change the recording. The small chassis with an analog card connected to your UTC card, typically set as E&M. One AMWLC port for remote recording. You can connect more than one UTC port to a port on the XMU for multiple callers to hear the same message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back