Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

End of Life Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

plusign

MIS
Apr 15, 2001
AU
Where can i find any policy from HP about end-of-life system?

I heard HP is guaranteed the part availability up to 5 years. Where can i find it?

Thanks in advance.

call HP support (18006333600) they can direct you.

crowe

HP will support it's server product for the life of the product warranty....servers (WinTel based) usuallly have a 3 year total 'in-warranty' support. You can purchase extended out of warranty HP service support contracts as well on an annualized basis thru your HP Auth Reseller.

As for part availablity, all parts fall under the server warranty they are installed in, with the exception of some mass storage (DLT,DAT,etc) and outside storage product (libaries, etc). We are supporting our clients part requirements for as long as refurb parts are in the channel, even if HP parts are backordered or not available thru the OEM, which can become a problem with EOL (end-of-life)product, no matter who the OEM.

To determine how much warranty is left on your server, the serial number can be 'decoded' to determined what warranty period is left, if any. You can also call into warranty support directly (and avoid some of the hassles of the 800# voice mail tree options) by dialing 970-635-1000. Be sure to have your serial number AND your product number (the model product code on the serial number tag at the back of your server, ie: D1234A) available for the warranty representative.
Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back