Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

End of Epabx

IPEXE

Technical User
Jan 15, 2012
IN
Dear all,
Recently we have seen end of NEC telecom business following with Panasonic, Siemens.next who ?Don't know.
But it's clear,Big players are existing this market.
Do any one have idea what will be the faith of IPPBX, VOICE segment.

The small business end of the market will move to hosted for sure,

Out the box PBX's like Avaya IPO500, IPEC UCP100, etc days will be numbered

I believe Avaya only do 1 digital handset now from memory...There is little need to have an all in one box now

Very glad I am no longer in the game.

Calum M
ACSS

So many acquisitions over the years - what started as Rolm became IBM - Siemens - Unify - Mitel.
In this area Siemens/Unify's presence has diminished quite a bit I believe.

Take a look at Grandstream UCM6300 Series and the new GCC all in one series. They beat hosted and work great. GCC for SMB is an awesome new solution and price wise doesn't make sense to go hosted with devices like this now.

I worked with one of those, I think a 6304 a few years ago, a nice small system with a lot of features, especially for the price.
Yes it certainly is a good alternative to hosted, and I guess it could be considered to be today's on site PBX, that can still
analog CO lines.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back