Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

End Milage to Edit Start milage Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkellogg518

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
GT
I have a data base that tracks milage, working time, according to rep. I am trying to get the stop milage form to check to see if a record with the same date and rep exists if so then edit the existing record if not then create a new record.

I have tried it with the following code in VB but continually get errors.

Private Sub Combo7_AfterUpdate()
Dim strSQL As String
Dim lngKey As Long

lngKey = Nz(DLookup("Firstname", "rep", "[RepID] = " & Me.Combo7 & " AND [Mileage_Date] = #" & DATE & "#"), 0)

If lngKey <> 0 Then
Me.Undo
Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "firstname = " & lngKey
Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark
End If
End Sub

Any help would be appreciated.

Run time error 2001
You canceled previous operation
end or debug

I click on debug and it displayes this line in yellow
lngKey = Nz(DLookup("Firstname", "rep", "[RepID] = " & Me.Combo7 & " AND [Mileage_Date] = #" & DATE & "#"), 0)

Don't know what the exact problem is.

rkellogg

With Combo boxes, it's easier to set the LimitToList prop to true, which then causes the OnNotInList event to fire when you attempt to add a new entry. You can then use the event handler to add the new entry.

You also might want to try your search in the BeforeUdate event, rather than the AfterUdate event.

Lastly, the Help files I have suggest using a query instead of DLookup.

The simplest solution is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back