Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Encryption software 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesdevon

MIS
May 17, 2009
US
A customer needs to have data/disk encryption installed that meets the minimum FIPS-140 encryption standard. They were recommended BeCrypt Disk Protect Standard but it is not supported on Vista Home Premium (which is on all of their PCs)and indeed has some problems. Can anyone recommend an alternative that will run on Vista Home Premium, encrypt the whole disk or chosen folders and encrypt the data which is backed up on a removable drive please?

Take a look at TrueCrypt.

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I am not able to tell if it meets minimum FIPS-140 encryption standard which is a requirment for my customer. I will continue to check to see if I can find out though.

I've used the PGP Corporations PGP Desktop software on the Windows 7 RC for a fw weeks with no problems. You might look at it.

PGP Desktop looks to fulfill the needs of my customer and I will e-mail and ask if it meet minimum FIPS-140 encryption standard. Many thanks.

Look up McAfee Endpoint Encryption (used to be safeboot).

I use it on a user-base of 1500 and it seems to perform well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back