Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Encryption providers, AutoCAD and HP 8730w

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeierInc

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2010
US
I have three users who all have HP 8730w mobile workstations. All three run AutoCAD. All three run WinXP SP3. Inside of ACAD, they cannot open password protected files. ACAD support says to look at their AutoCAD security options and see if their encryption providers are installed. That dialog box shows blank. Autodesk says the issue is not an AutoCAD issue but an OS issue. I downloaded the Windows CSP (Cryptographic Service Provider)Test Suite and it shows that approx 10-12 providers are installed on the PC's.

The only thing they all 3 have in common is that they are HP 8730w machines. I contacted HP support and they say it is an OS issue.

My question, finally, is has anyone seen this type of issue and if so, how did you resolve it? Thanks.

Tom Turner
Meier Architecture • Engineering

I have not run into the exact problem, but have had a slew of odd software issues with HP laptops in the past.

Do you have a machine that can open the files?

If so, does it have any different Security Encryption Providers than the HPs?

Yes, we have machines that can access the password protected files (but they aren't HP 8730w's). I checked the 8730 machine's Cryptographic Provider list against the other machines. The 8730w's have all of the same providers plus two additional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back